Speak with a technology expert

Schedule your Free Consultation with 

the Data Magic Team.

Fill in your information below to schedule now.

Coppell, TX 75019

1401 E. Sandy Lake Rd.

Is Your Business Getting Everything The Cloud Has To Offer?

Cloud computing has become a popular topic in the business world, and it’s likely to continue to be. cloud data centers, private cloud solutions, Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) are all growing, as is the demand for cloud storage.

The cloud has had a great impact on businesses since its inception. And every organization from startups to long-standing ones are realizing that they require cloud services to increase productivity, collaboration, and security.

The use of cloud services is expected to increase. But many businesses aren’t getting the benefits from the cloud that they should. Businesses must adjust their IT strategies and stay informed about new cloud services to remain competitive over the years to come.

The Benefits of Cloud Computing

Cloud computing refers to new technologies and services that allow data to be sent over distributed networks through wireless connections to a secure remote location that is maintained by a vendor. cloud service providers serve multiple clients. They arrange access between the client’s local or closed networks, and their own data storage and data backup systems. That means that the vendor must intake data that is sent to them and store it securely while delivering services back to the client through carefully maintained secure connections.

When using applications in the cloud, organizations no longer need to transfer data between different locations. Instead, it resides in the cloud where their users can securely access and edit data remotely in real time, 24/7. This eliminates the need to duplicate files or store them in a redundant fashion.

Using the cloud provides more secure transfer of data. In the beginning, business leaders were skeptical and perceived the cloud as a negative regarding data security. All that has changed, and cloud computing is now considered a must safer way to access and store data. Organizations no longer need to stay up to date on the latest IT security system. Their cloud service provider does this for them.

cloud computing provides real cost benefits as it shifts IT costs from capital expenditures to operating expenditures. Plus, it’s scalable. A young business can start with just the cloud services they need and add more as they grow. Budget planning is also much easier and agiler when using cloud services.

Moving to The Cloud

Many organizations still rely on legacy applications that can’t easily be changed or modified to take advantage of the cloud. Especially those that use graphically intensive applications that require sophisticated visual modeling data. However, there are innovative solutions to help these businesses move their applications without costly rewrites, and which guarantee the highest levels of security.

Today’s innovative cloud technologies make it possible to relocate the most rigid applications to both private and public clouds. Now companies looking to the future are considering how they can move their legacy and other applications in a cost-effective way. Even graphically intensive application can be moved seamlessly and securely with today’s cloud migration techniques. And they run just the same as they did on local machines.

Instead of trying to re-engineer these applications for the cloud, using a remote protocol allows businesses to run them without modifications. Remote Desktop Protocols (RDPs) are designed to facilitate application data transfer security and encryption between devices and a virtual network server. It adds a graphical interface to the desktop of another computer. RDP is compatible with multiple types of local area network (LAN) protocols and network landscaped. RDPs transmit the user interface of the application over a network without removing data from the data center where the application resides.

Cloud Services

SaaS (Software as a Service)

SaaS provides software applications over the Internet on a subscription basis. Your cloud provider would host and manage the software and underlying infrastructure. They also take care of maintenance such as software upgrades and security patching. SaaS is a growing method of delivering technology and is relied upon by businesses for customer relationship management (CRM), document management, accounting, human resource (HR) management, service desk management, content management and collaboration.

PaaS (Platform as a Service)

PaaS allows you to rent virtualized servers and services to run existing applications or to design, develop, test, deploy and host applications. Services include source code control and tracking, versioning, testing and build process management tools. Essentially, it provides a platform for you to develop, run, and manage applications without having to build and maintain the infrastructure needed to launch an application.

IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)

IaaS delivers an IT infrastructure on an outsourced basis and provides hardware, storage, servers, data center space, and software if needed. IaaS is also known as hardware as a service (HaaS). It’s used on-demand rather than having to purchase your own equipment. This will be a wise choice if there’s a fluctuating demand for your products or services. You don’t have to expend the capital to invest in new hardware. Your IaaS provider offers policy-based services and takes responsibility for housing, operating and maintaining the equipment on a per-user basis.

Cloud Storage

Businesses need data to be readily available and quickly delivered. Because of this, cloud storage and data archiving in the cloud will be more widely accepted. Storing massive amounts of data onside leads to eroding performance where systems get bogged down and can’t respond quickly. High-performance storage devices are expensive. But businesses must hang on to their data due to various legal, regulatory and business requirements. This is where cloud storage reigns and its popularity is growing. Cisco’s latest Global Cloud Index Forecast reports that by 2021, data center storage installed capacity will grow to 2.6 ZB, up from 663 EB in 2016, a nearly 4-fold growth.

The Next Chapter in Cloud Computing

For companies that want to go all-in on the cloud, programs like Microsoft Azure provide great possibilities to support them. Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform and infrastructure where organizations can build, deploy and manage applications and other services through Microsoft’s global network a data centers. Businesses can easily manage Azure services using their Web-based Azure portal (sometimes referred to as the Azure Resource Manager (ARM) portal). It allows authorized users to browse resources, manage settings, launch new solutions, and view monitoring data from virtual machines and services. And the Azure online help support provides more comprehensive information regarding various and new features provided by the portal.

It’s predicted that 2018 will be the year when machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) helps us manage our use of the cloud. Machine-driven knowledge and automation will drive monitoring, incident management, cost management and configuration management. The result will be reduced costs, better security, and improved performance.

According to Cisco’s predictions:

  • cloud data centers will process more than 78% of workloads. The remaining 22% will be handled by traditional data centers.
  • 31% of cloud workloads will be performed in public cloud data centers. The remaining 69% will be conducted in private cloud data centers.
  • Software as a Service (SaaS) will increase from 41% to 59%.
  • The Internet of Things (IoT) devices will create substantially more data.
  • More than half of the world’s population will use cloud storage for personal use.

Transitioning to the cloud isn’t easy. It’s best to ask your Technology Solutions Provider to assess your organization’s unique requirements and help you decide which elements of cloud computing will work best for you. When you’ve made the decision, they can help you find cost-effective vendors and solutions, and provide the ongoing support you’ll need to ensure you get the most from the cloud.

Copyright 2021 Data Magic Computer Services. All Rights Reserved. Site Design: Digital Elevator Sitemap|Privacy Policy|Website Accessibility

Skip to content