How Do Dallas IT Services Support Your IT Environment?
You’ve probably been told about a number of very general benefits that IT services in Dallas can offer you…
You’ll be more productive!
You’ll be more efficient!
You’ll gain strategic advantages!
…what does any of that even mean?
In reality, these aren’t much more than buzz words. They mean almost nothing in reality – they’re just easy to promise (because they’re not specific).
What’s the reality of managed services? What do they actually do?
Which Technologies Should IT Services in Dallas Support?
Your Dallas IT services company should be maintaining the following three pillars of your IT foundation:
- Infrastructure: The computer(s), network hardware, and facilities that form your infrastructure.
- Platform: The computing platform is an environment on which computer programs run, and in which a piece of software gets carried out, usually, an operating system or hardware.
- Software: Computer software, at its basic level, is the set of instructions that tell the computer how to work or collect data. It’s how you interact with your technology and get it to do what you want, via a physical interface (mouse, keyboard, touch screen, etc.).
However, that’s not the only way these components of an IT environment can be delivered and accessed. Technology is always evolving.
As such, infrastructure, platform, and software are also available via the cloud. It’s a matter of going from a horizontal deployment to a vertical one (i.e., from infrastructure on a physical device to infrastructure in the cloud, or software across a physical platform to software as a service).
Can Your Dallas IT Services Support These Technologies In The Cloud?
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) allows you to deliver an IT infrastructure on an outsourced basis and provides hardware, storage, servers, data center space, and software if needed. It’s used on-demand, rather than requiring the end customer to purchase their own equipment. That means they don’t have to expend the capital to invest in new hardware.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): PaaS provides a platform for users to develop, run, and manage applications. It eliminates the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure for the applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): This is a software licensing and delivery model. The software is centrally hosted, licensed, and offered on a monthly or annual basis. SaaS is the standard delivery model for most applications.
In the end, the point of your Dallas IT services is that they should take care of your technology. With Data Magic, you don’t just get access to the range of services and solutions they offer. You also harness their experience in the IT industry.
A majority of the IT issues that you experience will be similar (if not the same) as those they’ve already solved for other clients. That means that problems are addressed with proven solutions, reducing timeframes for resolution, and achieving a more permanent fix.
Data Magic makes sure that your technology works properly, without you having to do anything about it. Problems are prevented, daily management is outsourced, and you enjoy the benefits offered by well-maintained IT – as simple as that.